The use of information and communication technology (ICT) continues to increase worldwide, accelerating the flow of information and boosting key services. However, much of its potential as a driver of development is still untapped.
Globally, only a minority has access to the internet and a large share of this minority uses slow dial-ups that cannot cope with web services designed for high-speed connections. The EU’s development cooperation in the area of ICT focuses on this digital divide. Making the benefits of new technologies, especially ICTs, widely available has also been defined as a target under the Millennium Development Goals.
Service Provider of a wide range of services which include Hardware And Software Supply & Support, No Cost Network Diagnostic, Network Design Installation & Support, Remote Access & Home Working Solutions, LAN / WAN / Wireless and Broadband Configuration and Firewalls Plus Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam.
The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Group manages the core ICT functions to deliver the required business value. The ICT Group focuses on effective use of ICT by all Groups of companies. The group focuses on developing innovative technology driven solutions to fulfill the unique requirements of various companies . ICT group also provides Training as well Technical support to the user groups.ICT group plays important role by developing applications for diverse needs of the Project and End Implementing Agencies.
- Create, update and manage secure, scalable, IT infrastructure and computing environment to improve the productivity of users.
- Computerization of business processes of all groups.
- Setting up standards/specification and provide procurement support for all IT components to be provided to EIAs under NDP.
- Enterprise Project Management Application support for large projects.
- End user training / Knowledge Enhancement.
- Technical support for computerization and setting up IT infrastructure to co-operatives and Producer Companies.